Idea for a unit:
My topic is computer safety and ethics. This includes: viruses, unethical use, illegal use, piracy, copyright violations, negative social issues related to use of the Internet, freeware & shareware, Internet etiquette, computer crimes, fair use laws, and scanned and downloaded artifacts.
How do you behave?
What ethics do you have on the computer?
Is Big Brother watching you (when you're online)?
Are you safe on a computer?
1. Identify major causes of work-related accidents in offices.
2. Describe the threat of viruses to a computer network, methods of avoiding attacks, and options in dealing with virus attacks.
3. Identify potential abuse and unethical uses of computers and networks.
4. Explain the consequences of illegal and unethical uses of information technologies.
5. Discuss negative social issues related to use of the Internet.
6. Differentiate between freeware, shareware, and public domain software copyrights.
7. Identify Internet etiquette.
9. Describe ethical practices in business professions.
10. Discuss the necessity of safeguarding the confidentiality of business-related information.